SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Connecticut Area, there is an autocross event this sunday april 3rd in Bristol CT. Look at more info here

I went to one event last year and it was a blast. The cost is 25 dollars for 5 runs, and you must have a compliant helmet to compete.

Lets Represent what our saabs can do, and improve are driving skills while we are at it. Also you may come to watch, but you kind of have to tell the people running it that you are part of a crew, because technically spectators arent allowed.

Last October, when I Went to my first event ERP showed up as well as blue 9-3se and Ricot83

Both me and ERP competed and Blue 9-3se took some great pics. Consider it a get together for the saab community.

I hope to know that im defently going in a day or two....so post your thoughts and check out the website.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Ask Ricot was Autocrossing did to my tires on my old Vikings :eek:.

Man I wish I could be home this weekend...oh wait I think theres a track day here this weekend.:cheesy:

I'm gonna have to get that rear swaybar REAL quick.

Make sure you grab some good pictures. This time should be better as you wont be rolling over your sidewalls huh Josh?

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I'd make the hike down from Maine, really wanted to do this for a while, but I'll probably have to work that weekend. Maybe this summer. I'd love to get to see some pics to further wet my appetite, please.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well now that i am aware of it I am going to be following the season pretty closely so there will be plenty of events
and i figure i can keep posting them in this thread along with pictures

Yes Mark now I wont have to worry about rolling over the sidewalls...however I still want stickier tires that whats on the rims right now. EDIT: By the way what was that trick you said about shaving the fenders that jeremy R told you about in the rubbing thread?

I dont have the 22mm bar yet, just a double stack, but i should have the 22 along with bushign in the near future

so hopfully i can watch my times improve throughout the season

·
Registered
9,423 Posts
Yeah yeah, the next one here is April 13th. I may try and go. I just don't want to be the noob suckered in to being the gopher.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Up here everyone has to take a work shift, its not so bad only 30 minutes and all you do is pick up cones that get knocked down and radio in what car knocked it down

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
yo josh if u want u can take my 22mm bar this weekend though u will ahve to come here and take it off.... also go to genuine saab and then the sevice bulletins there is one about the trimming of fenders and such

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yep same place as last time
Yep you can just show up...the earlier the better, just to be sure you get to compete.

This time I have rims and I am borrowing Rico's 22mm rear bar, until my new larger one comes on in

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
sure be here tomorrow by like ummmmmm 7ish.. lol in all fairness though i am selling hte 22mm bar to mark900se sorry guys... and i am bout to get a new job that pays pretty damned well for a guy my age so i may be investing in a welder...who know? if this happens and i can get my hands on some stainless steel i will be making some of my own stuff ;)

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well if anyone is planning on going just leave a post here, so i know what to expect

None of my friends from town are coming because of other commitments, so it looks like im the only i know that is competing so far.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think I might go.I work 2nd shift so 8 in the mornin is kinda early but i might still do it.What kind of cars are usually there?Does anyone have a helmet I can borrow0you need one,right?You and rico are definitely going,right josh?Thanks,sorry about all the questions.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
all different types of cars are there
subies, evos, BMWs, neons, VW's, saturns and many many others

Yead Adam you can use my helmet thats no problem

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had a run in with an evo 8 on the way home from work last night on 691 in CT heading towards meriden.I was driving my 97 aero .We were both hitting it but it was this little blonde girl driving it-I don't think she was giving it everything it had because I kept winning!I have about 240-250 hp in that thing,but they're only 270 ish so maybe with the drivetrain loss we would be pretty cloe on the highway?I son't know but it was fun.Yeah I 'm definitely interested in going-do you think it will be o.k. if it rains?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts