SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1997 900SE 5spd 2.0L turbo vert
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just spotted a set of gorgeous wheels at the junkyard. They're currently on a bashed-in 2001 9-5 Aero. (Stock, not aftermarket) Will they fit on my 1995 900s? I'm drooling. Also, said junkyard happens to have an exact match for my car. I've taken the IAC valve, distributor cap (brand new), spark plug wires (also new), Bosch ignition coil, bonnet shocks, gas cap, bulbs, and fuses. I plan on going back this weekend and grabbing anything else I can pry off. Any tips/things I should look for? My short list includes the grille (unscathed- about the same condition as mine. Thinking about blacking out the silver exterior and replacing the black louvers with silver mesh), MAF sensor and throttle body. Interior on this thing is completely shot. Unbelievable how cheap everything is there. I haven't spent more than $30 on all this stuff so far.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Nice! Grab those! If you dont mind me asking, what junkyard? Is it in western NY? I'll be up there in two weeks or so and would love to take advantage of a good yard. The only good yards close to LI that I know of are in PA.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice! Grab those! If you dont mind me asking, what junkyard? Is it in western NY? I'll be up there in two weeks or so and would love to take advantage of a good yard. The only good yards close to LI that I know of are in PA.
here ya go:

http://www.mmupullit.com/

love love LOVE this place! Just enter what ur lookin for on the main page and it'll tell you the location in the sprawling yard. $2.00 to go in. Over 16, no open-toed shoes, and you can't drive in, so pack tools n supplies accordingly. Oh yeah- CASH ONLY. Found that out the hard way. Bring water- no shade anywhere, and you'll probably be there longer than you think. I roasted for a few hours there last week.
Also- there are a couple more yards next door to this one, but i think they just sell parts (no u-pull)... 2060 Auto Parts and Mark's (? I think) Auto parts. It's like one giant yard divided into 3 businesses.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
here ya go:

http://www.mmupullit.com/

love love LOVE this place! Just enter what ur lookin for on the main page and it'll tell you the location in the sprawling yard. $2.00 to go in. Over 16, no open-toed shoes, and you can't drive in, so pack tools n supplies accordingly. Oh yeah- CASH ONLY. Found that out the hard way. Bring water- no shade anywhere, and you'll probably be there longer than you think. I roasted for a few hours there last week.
Also- there are a couple more yards next door to this one, but i think they just sell parts (no u-pull)... 2060 Auto Parts and Mark's (? I think) Auto parts. It's like one giant yard divided into 3 businesses.
Have you found any performance parts yet? There's a good number of GS performance parts for your car, so you should keep an eye out for unusual parts on those parts cars. You can take a look at the GS site for ideas of what you should expect to see.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you found any performance parts yet? There's a good number of GS performance parts for your car, so you should keep an eye out for unusual parts on those parts cars. You can take a look at the GS site for ideas of what you should expect to see.
Nope. Just raiding one beat up old clunker at the yard. You mean genuinesaab.com? I don't have a big budget for the car (yet) but I'm sure after I fix/replace a few more issues I'll look into tuning n mods. Right now I'm on a mission to find the source of a gas odor... I plan on replacing all the vacuum lines. Maybe check the injectors... Anything rubber on this car is going to need love. Gaskets, window seals... suspension bushings. I have a lot of work to do before I go fast n furious.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.