SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woohoo, my car has finally been finished. I have missed it sooo much. Dec 19th,2006 was the last time I had it in my possession. I have just got off the fone with the Saab indy, and all that needed doing has been done. He is going to drive it home tonight to test the cruise control is working, but everything else is done.

The air con is holding pressure, no leakage at all, all poly bushes fitted including the engine mounts, 3'' intake pip fitted with the bored and smoothed throttle body, the oil level sensor O-ring changed and a couple of other ones, I think he said the oil pump or where the thing the oil filter goes onto was done too along with new oil filter and new oil of course. Thats 4 oil changes it's had now since I got the car, and it hasn't even done 200 miles yet!!! Can't say the oil changes have been neglected now!!! LOL. The rear left door demister motor needed replacing too - done. He's going to change the headlights out for me too with a pair from a breaker. Hmmmm, I think thats it for now.

Oh, and he got it a new MOT last week, but I gotta book it in for an MOT next door cos the road tax ran out back in July. I rang up the DVLA, and they said if the car has NO tax, then I can drive the car TO and FROM the MOT test station, to get and MOT which luckily for me is 50 ft away.

If there enough daylight 2mro, then I'll take some pics if possible and post them up.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to mention the O.E. new Aero suspensions kit, springs and shocks direct replacement too. Ok, here is whats on the car as far as I can remember.

HKS SPF hi-flow mushroom air filter
HKS Type 1 turbo timer
HKS EVC electronic boost controller (Max boost was 1.4 BAR before the intake pipe and throttle body change)
Forge twin piston dump valve
Forge actuator with 14-18 psi spring
hybrid t25 turbo with 60 trim, what ever that means. Has a 360 deg bearing with slightly larger outlet than standard aswell.
A-pillar mounted dual MOCAL 52mm boost gauges, 1 in BAR, 1 in PSI
Have a HKS 60mm black faced boost gauge to put on top of dash as yet
Kakimoto racing s/s backbox with 5'' tailpipe from Mitsu EVO VIII
de-cat pipe
cherry bomb inplace of centre box
Saab O.E. 9000 Aero suspension kit
Poly bushes underneath including all engine mounts
3'' intake pipe from standard IC connected to a bored and smoothed throttlbe body
drilled discs f+r with PAGID pads all round(Porsche 968 front calipers awaiting mounting brackets fabrication)
braided brake hoses f+r with 5.1 fluid
set of Vorteks Generators to go on later. Heres a link to them. They are standard fitment on the new Subaru Impreza's and Mitsu Evo's. Look at the rear edge of their roofs.

http://www.manufacturersdepot.com/CategoryProductList.jsp?cat=Browse+By+Manufacturer:Vortekz&gclid=CO7glZK9tY8CFQdFMAodtCUSYQ

I think thats all for now that I can think of.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
set of Vorteks Generators to go on later. Heres a link to them. They are standard fitment on the new Subaru Impreza's and Mitsu Evo's. Look at the rear edge of their roofs.

http://www.manufacturersdepot.com/C...CFQdFMAodtCUSYQ
Please, please, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssssseeeeeeeeee tell me you are joking.....saw a chavved mondeo the other day with them stuck on the roof.....looked absolutely terrible.

Its bad enough having a 5" dustbin out the back...;)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't worry, they are still in the packaging. Actually know a chav interested in them!!

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car's home now - feels alot better

Ok, picked up the car. Ahem, I had to sit down for the price of the parts and work done. He charged me VAT on the parts, but left off the VAT on the labour. Labour was 900 quid. Yes, I was sitting down.

Right, the drive home was very enjoyable. The car just felt so tight yet smooth round the corners and bends. All thanks to the Aero OE Saab suspension and polybushes. The throttle felt more responsive too than before with the bored and smoothed throttle body and 3'' intake pipe. The bottom bend had to be cut and shut a bit to angle the end right, and boy, does it look big. There isn't alot of room in the left side of the engine bay now.

Got back at 6:45 pm, so was pitch black here, so no pics yet, will take some tomorrow and post.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Few pics

Heres a few pics I took today, couldn't get much of the underside. I wasn't sure if the underside bushes were done, I was looking for yellow bushes cos the engine bay ones are yellow, then saw a purple on on the front.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Fanx guys. I thought I'd better redo the ECU aswell, cos the battery had been off the car for a bit too. Ayway, I took it to a long steep incline I know off, so as to put the engine under heavy load, at night, when coolest, and no traffic. Well, drove to petrol station 2 miles away, put in 10 UKP(pump was showing price at 100.9!!!!) then drove back the a side street about 1/4 mile before the slope.

Parked up, took out the EDU fuse, and read a book for 20 mins. The stuck the fuse back in, fired her up, and proceeded towards the slope driving a steady 40 mph, then at the bottom of the slope, I floored it, but, this time, the car just flew up that hill like no tomorrow, whereas before, it felt like the car was trying, but sort of ran out of puff or had a major flat spot.

As I sped up, the car was soooo smooth and steady. I was amazed. I looked down at the speedo, and I was doing nearly 95 mph as I reached the top of the hill, and carried on to 110 with so much ease compared to before. I guess the 3'' intake pipe and smoothed and bored throttle body must have really helped then. The boost gauge was ready just below 1.3 BAR. Woohoo.

Thing is tho, on the car's own boost gauge, the needle was only JUST getting into the solid orange strip after the little orange blocks. It didn't even get to the half way mark. So does that mean I can turn up the boost controller?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Thing is tho, on the car's own boost gauge, the needle was only JUST getting into the solid orange strip after the little orange blocks. It didn't even get to the half way mark. So does that mean I can turn up the boost controller?

No, because the dash gauge is just indication and bad indication at times, mine goes off the red but when the engine is off the needle is vertical....go by your boost gauge

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, took the car out for a drive last night, and when driving normally, all 3 boost gauges read the same when a 0/zero, and the HKS reads 1.0 BAR and the Mocal reads 1.0 BAR too, same for the Mocal PSI reading whatever that may be, so all 3 gauges read fine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey mate congrats on the car, you've given me alot of ideas I can use towards my own rebuild. I just have one quick questio for you, why do you have three gauges when one is enough. Bit overkill isn't it?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fanx, yeah, well, the 1st 2 A-pillar mounted ones are 52mm Mocal, 1 show PSI, the other BAR. They were fitted at the beginning. I have HKS bit on the car, so was trying to look for a cheap HKS 60mm boost gauge on Ebay, but they were going for silly money for agessss. Finally got one a few months ago, and only just fitted it, with the boost controller display next to it.

Can't be bothered to start going back in behind the dash again to disconnect the A-pillar gauges so might as well leave them there. They are a bit small to tell the truth, the HKS one being 60 mm is so much easier to read when travelling at speed. Will take a pic of the NEW drivers view some time and show you.

·
Registered
658 Posts
take a look at the actuator rod from the wastegate i found that the retaining clip had fallen off (rusted?) on mine... secured rod and replaced the retainer ..all good...i was having similair problems

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
saabfan9 said:
take a look at the actuator rod from the wastegate i found that the retaining clip had fallen off (rusted?) on mine... secured rod and replaced the retainer ..all good...i was having similair problems
Is it me or is this a reply for a different topic?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sound a good modification with plenty of gain. I've just made delivery for mine & about too do my throttle body. I'm glad my effort wont be in vain.

I know this is a topic change but i can see your into your saab & modifying it, have you changed your exhaust down pipe ? I changed mine & you would not believe the difference over 4,500 rpm.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No, I havn't changed the DP yet. I have a free flow system. I am thinking looking for a 2nd hand standard one, and getting someone to chop off the turbo flange of it, and make a smoother flowing curly DP in 3''. Am gna have to check out the situation the standard pipe is in first, cos I know it just comes straight down veritically, so want to see if it's possible roomwise to make it slant back instead. The car already picks up considerably faster than previous with this new big intake pipe and throttle body, so the DP is the last bit to do.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts