SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished the heater core and hoses. Had to replace both heater core hoses. Wow the 3 end hose is a pain the change. Its so difficult to get it in in the block. It was crazy the first time I turned it on. The center vents didnt put out any heat. I was like what the heck. Then read the manual and said it doesnt work with heat. I havent had heat in 5 years in this car. But now new hoses and it works great. no wet feet!!!

thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
MMmm

I wonder if this is the issue I have with my 92 900s. No heat from the heater. Replaced the thermostat, flushed the heater, lots of water coming through there, with the heat control on max. Was your 3 ended hose blocked?

Also I notice a vaccum noise (leak?) when the distribution control is set to the horozontal position.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the hose was not blocked. The small one goes to the bottom of the throttle body the other to the block and the third goes to the heater valve. it was old and had buildup in it.

·
Registered
906 Posts
rawill said:
I wonder if this is the issue I have with my 92 900s. No heat from the heater. Replaced the thermostat, flushed the heater, lots of water coming through there, with the heat control on max. Was your 3 ended hose blocked?

Also I notice a vaccum noise (leak?) when the distribution control is set to the horozontal position.
If the rod going from the heater knob to the heater valve has become disconnected, you won't get heat either. If you don't really feel any resistance when you turn the knob, that's probably your issue. Very common for this to happen.

Vacuum noises when you turn the distribution knob is normal.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Thanx

Maybe the heater heat control knob is the problem. Will have to wait till I get it back together now. I have the alternator off waiting for bushes for the pivot mounting. BUT, the vaccum noise is constant in the horozontal position, not like in the other positions where it is only there momentarily as you move position. I am sure that is not the way it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My new valve which is now 3 days old has no resistance when turning the knob but nice hot hot heat comes out. Only problem is that the left vent doesnt blow very much. the middle will almost knock you down. mmmm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts