SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after all the preliminary preparation for initial start, I got to hear my new engine run for the first time! It's always exciting to hear one run on the initial fire-up.

I have a silly question, since I have the front brakes off the car and are currently undergoing a rebuild, will the car's computer not allow the car to move when placed in reverse or forward? It obviously detects low/no fluid in the reservoir. I hope so, otherwise I could have a transmission issue.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Nope, all the car will do is let you know the fluid reservoir is low, there's no way to disable the car tied to that warning.

What's the transmission doing (or not?)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to get it back up in the air or wait until I get the brakes done before I try to move it. It seems to want to move forward but not in reverse. I believe it's still a bit low on fluid but I really won't be able to test it until I try to move it. No brakes makes it a bit tricky to try to move it under its own power.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
If it's low on fluid, it might not have enough fluid to engage reverse. Make sure to run it through the gears when filling it up and parked.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
If the car was sitting for a long period of time, an auto-trans valve may be sticking in place.....check the quality and quantity of ATF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts