SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
stromer said:
samsung makes cars?
In Korea they do.

I don't think there is much Samsung doesn't make...

I know I've seen Samsung heavy equipment before (like bulldozers and that kind of thing).

They make a little bit of everything it would seem though. Chemicals, computers, computer components, electronics, cell phones, cars, cameras, ...

·
Registered
515 Posts
CosmicSaab said:
In Korea they do.

I don't think there is much Samsung doesn't make...

I know I've seen Samsung heavy equipment before (like bulldozers and that kind of thing).

They make a little bit of everything it would seem though. Chemicals, computers, computer components, electronics, cell phones, cars, cameras, ...
Even washing machines and dryers:cheesy: We just got a new washer 5A water rating and 3.5 star power rating beat the others hands down. (not that i use it:nono; ):cheesy:

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
I really hope that Honda stays 100% Honda. I Wish SAAB was 100% SAAB as well.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
valbowski1980 said:
shouldn't there be a little acura bubble by honda? Or are they so closly related they didn't bother?

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
What, no Lada? Zil? Russian automakers get dissed!:nono; ;)

And, GM dropped Fiat like a hot potato.

Additionally, I thought that Rolls and Bentley were too close to actually separate. I guess not.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
that's true, if they seperate rolls and bentley, they should seperate honda and acura, nissan and infinity, and at least toyota and lexus.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Infiniti and Acura are US/Canada only brands. They are normal Nissan and Honda's in the rest of the world. Toyota's Lexus brand is marketed globally.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
oh yeah, duh. woops. that still doesn't explain lexus though :roll::cheesy::cool:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
stromer said:
that's true, if they seperate rolls and bentley, they should seperate honda and acura, nissan and infinity, and at least toyota and lexus.
In the 70's and 80's there was little difference between RR and Bentley other than the badge, but they are very different now, and owned by seperate companies, as per the diagram.
Some market forcasters predict further consolidation of the car market particuarly in Europe, the economies of scale available to a big manufacturer mean they will allways win out against an independent in terms of cost if not quality. :(

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
valbowski1980 said:
It looks like Honda is the exception to the rule. I doubt very few car makers could make it on their own these days. Hmm who owns Proton cars? The ex-PM's family?

·
Registered
531 Posts
stromer said:
samsung makes cars?
well I'm stuck with one of their TVs. 43" DLP, damned thing is on it's 3rd 'light engine', when it failed I refused to accept another. They're gonna replace it for a 46" as the 43" isn't made anymore, and I'll pay extra $$$ to upgrade to the 46" 'thin bezel' that fits my cabinet. I'm scared sh*tless this one will be a lemon too, but so far they're doing the right thing...

·
Registered
531 Posts
Jezzadee said:
Don't know, but I'm pretty sure Proton own Lotus now.
Proton does own Lotus, and they're testing a newer model that will slot in between the Elise and Esprit both in size and price...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts