SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me how to crank the engine without it firing? ...... I just replaced the turbo and want to pump some oil around before I fire it up (hopefully).

All the info says to do the above but no indication as to what is the easiest method to do it.

All advice gratefully received.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Just use a good old fashioned starter switch connected to the starter solenoid and the battery.

Assure that the car is NOT in gear when doing this. I used to use a little pocket screwdriver on the 90 series, these were much easier to work on..

Behind the cars interior fuse box, under the dash there is a mass of relays; the starter relay has the yellow lead at 87.. this may be a little easier...
http://www.geocities.com/ng900set/Electrical/relays1.html?20071

·
Registered
91 Posts
Either disconnect the DI so no spark (but fuel will pass through the engine to the cat so maybe not such a good idea if you want to crank the engine for too long) or disconnect the crank position sensor (not sure if the ECU will try and fuel the engine).

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
To disable JUST the ignition, unplug the ignition cassette.

To crank the engine with no spark and no fuel, disconnect the CPS, the cable connector is just above the fuel rail in the mess of hoses and cables.

edit: never mind... LOL

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
For those men who frequently work on their own engine, I'd install a starter switch in the engine compartment..This beats running back and forth, begging for help, pulling fuses, disabling components; allows a man to do his job easily and quickly..:cheesy:

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
earthworm said:
For those men who frequently work on their own engine, I'd install a starter switch in the engine compartment..This beats running back and forth, begging for help, pulling fuses, disabling components; allows a man to do his job easily and quickly..:cheesy:
Actually, I may just do that. What does that involve wiring wise??? :cheesy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts