SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched all over for this problem and can't seem to find any threads...

I have a 2004 9-3 ARC Convertible, bought certified pre-owned from dealer. I have had a problem with the front left door speaker since purchased so dealer agreed to try and fix. Front Left door speaker pops and cracks like it is blown. Have had it replaced 2 times, have had the amp under the drivers seat replaced and have had the head unit (radio) replaced. The dealer has even installed aftermarket speakers I purchased (JBL's) for me and paid for them! Problem persists. Speaker (front L door) still pops and crackes with low frequency's (ie bass drum kick etc...) Passanger door and center dask are unaffected!:confused:

Does anyone have any insight as to what the problem could be or what the dealer has not replaced that could be the problem???:roll:

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
well, if you replaced all the sources (amp, speaker, headunit), it seems to me that there may be a short in the wiring to the speaker. Have you tried running the speaker off of a set of your own fabbed wiring harness?maybe tap into amp one, and run it directly to your speaker?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I could try that but don't know how to take off the door panal or get to Amp I (is that uner the car seat? and would I need to take the seat out to do that???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts