SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to be watching 'Best of Top Gear' on TV last night n Clarkeson was saying outside of the towns and villages there are no speed limits, how true is that?????

Has anyone ever gone across purley to drive?????

I got a growing temptation to visit the little green isle, not to tear it up or anything mind, just a pleasant camping holiday!!!!!!

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Are there a lot of traffic on the roads over there or do you see one car in 3 miles?

when is that manx TT held. i would love to go and see that this year

·
Registered
387 Posts

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tt

That looks like fun, not very forgiving if you come off though!!!! I know they have a few deaths each year but was wondering how many bikers end up in peoples living rooms! The first section seems very close to peoples houses!

From what i saw on Top Gear it's pretty deserted out of the towns & villages.

Navigational road rallying at night would be top there.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Si said:
That looks like fun, not very forgiving if you come off though!!!! I know they have a few deaths each year but was wondering how many bikers end up in peoples living rooms! The first section seems very close to peoples houses!

From what i saw on Top Gear it's pretty deserted out of the towns & villages.

Navigational road rallying at night would be top there.
Yer... unfortunately there are a few deaths each year on Isle of Man... some of the greatest riders of all time has lost their life in TT racing... Joey Dunlop(in Estonia)... David Jefferies(in IOM)... RIP... :cry:

What you saw in that little video is only a very small section of the full IOMTT course. One single lap is 37.73 miles (60.66 km), and there are a lot of sections that are deserted out of the towns and villages.

Here is the course map:

http://www.iomtt.com/information/maps/mountain-course.shtml
(Btw, that record at the bottom of the map is no longer valid, it has been broken many times already.)

:cool:

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Iom

No caravan's, no speed limits on the open road....can't we vote to have the IOM parliament come May!!!!!

I think i've just discovered Eutopia!:cheesy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts