SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the part that failed on me that wouldn't allow me to shift into first or second. i just need to know if this is called the bushing, or if its called something else. the dealer told me they normally stock them, that is if i'm calling it the right thing, but they didn't have any, and i need to check back on monday. anyone have any other suggestions as to where to get one?

thanks,

matt

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
I think it is, but I also think there are other things on the linkage called bushing too :roll: . If I remember from when I took mine apart, there should be a part number on that piece. If so, you can take care of all of it by phone. If not, the parts counter has a spiffy computer system that can zoom in on all the car's parts, so you'll need to go in. Also, if there's a part number you might run it through eeuroparts.com or thesaabsite.com, just to see if they can get it quicker.

Have you tried to temporarily glue that one back in place? This might work for a few days. I guess rtv silicone would do it. Mine held OK for a week or two with just a few tabs. Also, do you still have the little rounded thing that goes right on the shaft? I can't tell from your picture. If you put it back temporarily, just leave the rubber accordian thing off until you get the new part in. It's a pain to work with, and there's no point in doing it twice.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you say "little rounded thing that goes right on the shaft", are you refering to the inner part that swivlles around? if so, yes, its still there. three of the tabs broke off yesterday after i got my emissions tested. i was about 5 miles from my dad's place, and was able to make it to his place where i worked on the car. on a good note, i passed emissions :lol:

matt

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Maybe this will help - it is part of a diagram from the EPC CD that shows the old style linkage... If you ID the part on the diagram, someone will probably be able to help you out.

No. 9 is described as follows:

Article : Bushing
PartNo : 4387361
Usage : 1994-1996
Order Quantity : 1

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, number 9 is what it is. i was looking at it, and although it has some dirt and grime on it, i was able to read the part number, and it is 4387361. now the problem is locating one :lol:

matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts