SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it feels like the clutch on my 92 900 doesn't ever let go. I can get into gear fine, but any slightly quick acceleration causes the rpms to go up for a second or so before you feel/see the speed increase.

is this the clutch going bad? from what I've read, it sounds different than most clutch issues.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bummer. thanks for the info. I've got my work cut out for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So my Bentley manual says that I need a spacer ring (Saab tool no. 87 91 618) and a lever arm (Saab tool no. 83 94 033).

Is there a way to do this with less specific tools? OR does anyone one know of anywhere in the Chicago area where I could borrow or even rent these tools?

·
Registered
106 Posts
You shouldn't need the lever tool if the clutch still compresses.I made a spacer ring out of a antenna off a 93 chev half ton.Any wire of the same size would work.Actually a pretty easy job.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good! I don't want to buy something I may never use again.

It looks pretty simple. Any other tricks or advice?

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Just remember the slave cylinder, pressure plate, and throwout bearing all come out and go in at the same time.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You can easily make your own ring tool out of a piece of 1/8" square steel stock.
It's cost you about $3 at OSH or Home Depot.
It'll be nearly indestructible, and you can re-use it several times if you need to.
The one at eeuroparts.com for $10 is very flimsy.

The one I made myself is much less of a struggle to use.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did it! Took most of the day but it's done.

Thanks for the input. The old unit was a pain in the butt to remove. I just couldn't get the fingers depressed far enough.

It drives like a new car.

You can easily make your own ring tool out of a piece of 1/8" square steel stock.
The square steel stock worked great. Thanks for the tip!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts