SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ... I have been wondering about issue where car shakes when turning engine on. In other words, car shakes for a only for a second when I turn the engine on. I am comparing this to my wife's Jetta, where there is no shaking at all. The engine catches on and that's it. On Saab, the engine catches on instantly, but there is split second shake. Is this normal?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,381 Posts
The 2.0T shakes quite a bit. I notice it at startup and at idle. Once you get up to 1000 rpm is smooths out. I guess the balance shafts need to get spinning to work well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
Aspen said:
The 2.0T shakes quite a bit. I notice it at startup and at idle. Once you get up to 1000 rpm is smooths out. I guess the balance shafts need to get spinning to work well.
Define quite a bit??? My 2007 doesn't seem to shake at startup any more than my 2004 Volvo or any other car I have driven.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nickshu said:
Define quite a bit??? My 2007 doesn't seem to shake at startup any more than my 2004 Volvo or any other car I have driven.
Well, as I mentioned before, the Jetta 1.8T does not shake at all. My 2.0T shakes for a split second. I guess that best test will be to try another 93 on dealer lot.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,045 Posts
mine doesn't continually shake, but it does have a rough start compared to any other car i have owned. Runs fine immediatly after start though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
robhurlburt said:
mine doesn't continually shake, but it does have a rough start compared to any other car i have owned. Runs fine immediatly after start though
That is what I meant ... rough start ... and it is fine aterwards. Thanks for sumarizing it for me. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,740 Posts
I've noticed slight vibration in the wheel when sitting at stop lights... I always thought it was the engine mounts but not bad enough to worry about....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Yeah, same shake here with my 2.0t. At first I thought it was something bad, but my buddy (who has owned several Saabs) said that is was normal. I was also not used to it coming from a 9-2x with boxer engine. I guess its just one of those saab characteristics. :D

Cheers
Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
My 98' 2.3L N/A does the same thing. Wheel shake at lights, shudders under 1K revs. I just think its the old girl shaking off the years under her belt. Or she just wants to go fast :lol:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top