SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had switched one of the vacuums behind the engine for the brake line...
I wanted to know if it was normal to not be able to fully press the brake pedal immediately after accelerating...

Could it be another leak?
Or with a stage 0, it boosts and the system cannot handle going from stepping on it to braking..?

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wanted to know if it was normal to not be able to fully press the brake pedal immediately after accelerating...

I assume you mean you get a hard brake pedal with not a lot of slowing down, immediately after letting of the loud pedal?

Yes. It really sounds like you might have brake boost/vacuum issue. Could be leaking/blocked/wrongly positioned. Check lines and also , do you have an oil leak on top of gearbox?= check brake boost/seals.

Or with a stage 0, it boosts and the system cannot handle going from stepping on it to braking..?
this shouldnt effect it.
Anything weird happening with the rpm? Is it staying high when you let off the throttle, or reducing slowly? ( if rpms stay high after throttle you will have less vacuum/brake assist).
Assuming your not a left foot braker...and you dont hit the brakes before getting off the throttle? (not saying theres anything wrong with left footing it, apparently louis hamilton does, so that says volumes).

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Originally Posted by guichet

I assume you mean you get a hard brake pedal with not a lot of slowing down, immediately after letting of the loud pedal?

yes, exactly.

Yes. It really sounds like you might have brake boost/vacuum issue. Could be leaking/blocked/wrongly positioned. Check lines and also , do you have an oil leak on top of gearbox?= check brake boost/seals.
no leaks around brake reservoir and brake lines...
Oil leak on top of gearbox? underneath the car? If so, I'll have to have my mechanic take a look.

this shouldnt effect it.

Anything weird happening with the rpm? Is it staying high when you let off the throttle, or reducing slowly? ( if rpms stay high after throttle you will have less vacuum/brake assist).
No, rpm's are normal and drop when I let off the gas.
I will double check and try again just to make sure.

Assuming your not a left foot braker...and you dont hit the brakes before getting off the throttle? (not saying theres anything wrong with left footing it, apparently louis hamilton does, so that says volumes).
never even thought of using my left foot for braking...people do this?:eek:
I'm not louis hamilton on a race track!:cheesy:

Could very well be the more expensive of the 2 lines that I did not change.
This one;
https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/33890/Brake-Booster-Vacuum-Hose-12847289/

·
Registered
283 Posts
...Oil leak on top of gearbox? underneath the car?...
Sorry, I didnt put that clearly. I mean an oil leak from the booster where it joins the rocker cover. Usually shows up as oil sitting on top of the gearbox..
Having said that, I didnt note you had the V6 so just ignore that bit.

Have you got a vacuum gauge you can use to see actually happens to the vacuum?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Have to also say I am not that familiar with the v6, so maybe some smarter heads could step in here.
My experience from cars in general is that, if your vacuum lines are in order, you might need to rekit the master cylinder. You should also make sure the brake fluid doesnt contain too much moisture or getting too hot.
GL

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
There are certain failures will do that on the V6..
Put everything back to where belongs..
Do u hear the vacuum pump running with ignition ON ? For How long does it run when u first turn ignition to ON , and then is it shutting down ? For how long it shuts down before it turn back ON by itself without u pressing the brakes ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts