SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried out a new private saab specialits today, and the quote i got was 390$ canadian to replace one ball joint.

he sais the ball joint comes with the control arm, and that is why the part alone is 290$.

does that sound right? and also i had him replace the transmission mount, that ran 190$ canadian...because it was broken, and the engine really moved as it was shifted into gear.

are these average prices?

thanks.
t.

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
Sounds almost spot on for dealer prices to me. I had the ball joint/control arm replaced on my 9-3.

Yes, I plan to DIY as much as I possibly can, but a control arm...that's more then I feel comfy doing.
Price was about $260 installed USD.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
You might want to look into a complete kit with all four arms, anti-roll bar, arb links and hardware sold by genuinesaab.com (don't have exact link, sorry) for about $400 US. Not that you would need it all, but when one balljoint fails, the other one is often not far behind.

If I were doing one arm with one balljoint, like I almost had to, I would get a used arm, for as low as $25 according to what was posted on this board...

Putting in a single new arm is not worth it in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts