SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Those are available from MY08:

Optional cornering bi-xenon headlights provide better night vision. The steering-linked bulbs can swivel up to 15 degrees when negotiating a bend or corner above 15 kph. In highway driving above 120 kph, the low beam is also automatically raised slightly for improved illumination without dazzling on-coming drivers.
I would love to have those on my 9-5. :cool:

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wild. I learned something today, now I can go home!

·
Registered
830 Posts
A friends 2001 BMW had it... Lots of other cars have it as an option today, guess saabs just suck with pushing the technological envelope...

·
Registered
179 Posts
A friends 2001 BMW had it... Lots of other cars have it as an option today, guess saabs just suck with pushing the technological envelope...
Has said friend's 2001 suffered from that part failure? A colleague has a 2003 5 series that had cornering headlamp failure - and nearly cost him $2100 to fix if it weren't for his cousin the BMW tech who figured out some way to get it covered by BMW.

Sure a Mazda 3 has it even today, but thats because most companies wait til cost and reliability cross a certain threshold before releasing new advances.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
My wife's Enclave has them. I think it's mostly a gimmick. I notice them working in parking lots, but I don't feel like they do much other than look cool when you start the car and they go through the 'check' sequence (left/right is more fun to watch than my car's up/down).

·
Registered
381 Posts
I really notice it when I start up the car, I'll see the headlight beams go up and down and then swirl around -pretty cool.

·
Registered
922 Posts
There was a guy with a 3 page used underwear ad, describing how it was pre-stretched and disease free...yuck!?

The headlight comment is not bad at all, you will not believe the gimmicks people fall for when they walk on dealer
lots. Research shows up to 60% of customers still walk into dealer lots chewing on a toothpick eager to learn about
cars from the dealer, no clue whatsoever.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I'm surprised that they were around back in 2001.
Also they really aren't needed on Xenons as one of the huge advantages is that they really light up to the side. This feature would be much more useful on regular headlights that have limited beam pattern width.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts