SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Oh I can just guarranttee mine is way worse. I've had a new clutch on the shelf for two years now waiting for mine to fail (makes horrible noises, judders etc) but I'm still shifting! When that thing finally comes off its going to look worse then the Hoff eating a burger off his bathroom floor.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
This saab guy that lives 20 minutes from me showed me one he took off the car his kids learned to drive on, I'm not kidding when I say it was literally paper thin :lol:

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
So what kind of symptoms where you seeing? I noticed Jetman mentioned judder, which I get in 1 and 2 sometimes, although the RPM's don't jump, it feels like the clutch is slipping and catching. I also have slack in the drivetrain and am starting to get just a tad of shifter wobble, so I might have a pinion bearing issue too. :roll:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wasn't seeing any shakes or shimmy's. Rpms would shoot way up when I tried to accelerate. Had trouble going up a hill. Also was reluctant to go into reverse or first.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I see the disc is a Valeo. I bought a clutch from Saab dealer (UK) last year - the disc is a Valeo, but the plate is unbranded - the box says made in UK. Seems that Saab (GM) no longer supply OEM.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard an industry rumor that when Gm bought bought Saab entirely it replaced a lot of Saab's Sr. manegment with their own chronies. I don't agree with that at all but here is where the real problem plays in. When someone ask "hey where did we get these parts/tooling for the C900?" the guy who knew was "let go". So GM would attempt to locate the OEM/tooling and if they could not find them or anyone willing to do the work they simply discontinued the part. I guess they are legally able to do that since you only need to make parts for 10 years. I don't know how much of this is true, but working with GM I know that they like to replace people when they aquire new assests. Plus it seems feasable. cheers.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
Saab didn't make the clutches in house! That is a supplier part :lol: Even in the old days you'd get a Borg and Beck or a LuK or something...

They discontinue (non consumable) parts as NLA after a while since it costs so much to store and catalogue them, but if you look at the big parts fiestas at the Saab Festival there are still more where they came from :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts