SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies, but I can’t post links, so I need to post text.

I saw a “mechanic’s special” 9-3 on CL and would love opinions. The description:

“Selling my 2006 Saab 93 Aero with the 2.8T V6.
It has the 6sp Automatic Transmission.

Car is currently in limp mode. Not sure if it needs a fluid flush or something else.

Reg is current but suspended due to no insurance. Lost the title and cannot get a new one currently because of the
Reg. Will have signed application for duplicate for transfer for the Title. Buyer responsible for smog and tow.

It did have a coolant leak. I replaced the coolant hoses, expansion tank, and radiator. Just replaced all coil packs and spark plugs 1,000miles ago. Replaced the normal vacuum lines that go bad on these cars.

Some other cosmetic issue. Was a solid runner before the transmission issue.”

Thoughts? I am a competent mechanic after 6 years owning a bmw 330ci, and have a full set of tools. But I have no intuitive sense of whether limp mode and the Saab AT means replace transmission and none available or something irritating but solvable.

Would also love to know whether parts are actually available for these cars.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
Parts are available. No way to tell what issue is without scan, preferably with tech2 so budget for that and learn how to use it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Wow, that is one ugly, retro machine. Too bad nobody can license it to just make an iphone/android app. So much easier to use!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Thanks!

Wow, that is one ugly, retro machine. Too bad nobody can license it to just make an iphone/android app. So much easier to use!

:D ...and then you realize you have to plug another machine (the CANDI) into it so it will talk on the updated CANBus.

·
Super Moderator
20,194 Posts
and an old laptop with a serial port and windows xp. Unless you have sufficient IT skillz to make other OS work.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
Reg is current but suspended due to no insurance. Lost the title and cannot get a new one currently because of the
Reg. Will have signed application for duplicate for transfer for the Title. Buyer responsible for smog and tow.

This car would have to be cheap enough for me to buy as a PARTS car in case there were other issues not described, or you can never get a title.

No title, never going to work. I'd give a small deposit and get the seller to work out the title before you give money. I don't know about your neck of the woods but that is a non-starter around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts