SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I actually have two issues and i don't know if they are related. When i turn my car ON(the engine isn't running) the dashboard and all that fun stuff lights up and works fine expect the check engine light remains lit after all the other ones have faded out after a couple seconds. But then when i start the engine, the check engine light is off. Is this a problem? Also possibly connected to the engine light is an oil issue. I checked the in July after noticing oil under my car and the level was like an inch higher than the High marker. I have kept checking it and now it has been at the half way mark for about a month. Is this normal or is could it be the reason for my check engine light?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The CHECK ENGINE light on ANY car stays on until you start the motor. So your car is working normally in that respect.

In regard to your oil level issue, when you noticed the excessive level of oil, had the car been recently oil changed? That could cause that to happen. As long as the oil level stays within operational range (between the Low and High marks), you should be OK.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha ok now i feel like an idiot about the check engine light, thanks acidradio for the clarification. the oil was changed in june i believe so that could explain the oil as well. i guess my car is fine :). thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts