SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I got a problem which I am not sure whether its a big deal or not. I had just finished my 100,000 km service on my 2000 9-5 Aero. The result turned out to be normal, or general on the car condition. However, there is one thing caught my attention is that there was a problem with " T/Cover leaking minor oil". My service is carried out in my local Saab experts (in Melbourne), and the technical told me that it is not a big deal, and he said this problem happens to nearly all 2000 saab 9-5 engine after 100,000Km. I need to know whether you guys all have the same problem (is it a big deal?) or it's just these guys try to take more money out of my pocket, because I brought the extended warrenty, and it is not covered with oil leaking.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Steve, assuming 'T/Cover' is what I think it is ('cam cover'?), it should be a cheap fix. I had it done around 50/60k kms when my 2.0LPT (2000) was 5yrs old. I also had the head gasket leak fixed and that was NOT cheap - NZ$1500... All was covered by my extended mechanical warranty, that cost me $1500 for 3yrs with no excess (wish I had it on my previous used 2 Saabs!).

Your warranty sounds a bit mean - no cover for oil leaks? Mine is with Swan Insurance - once I called them and got through to Melbourne office - they are in your home town. 1 300 307 926

Extended warranty info (NZ site):
http://www.swanninsurance.co.nz/Our_Services/Extended_Warranty_Insurance/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts