SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up for minimal outlay recently, as an "investment".

I'd like to know whether it's supposed to have two slots without terminals, what the 6 " long white "trough" clipped to the rear is, and whether it looks as if anything is missing/broken. I'd check mine, but being ACC, it doesn't have one.

Also I'd be grateful for the terminal details so I can check the fan speed controller.

Many Thanks - Doug

Food Baked goods Cuisine Dish Ingredient
Finger Gadget Audio equipment Gas Machine
Wood Office equipment Gas Rectangle Automotive exterior
Wood Engineering Metal Rectangle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Damned few 'manual' Heater control 9000's sold in North American Market IIRC. . Best to ask in UK saabs? Or C900 forum?
That said Lots of electrical switches and relays have empty slots....and there are 5 prongs there, one for each switch position :)
Rack and pinion looks to be producing leveraged linear travel.. for the rotary knob. Must connect to something important, like the heater control valve or ?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Done a bit of research, well - found a parts diagram. The long wedge shaped unit with the toothed bar connects the knob to a couple of distribution shutters deep in the HVAC unit, with a sheathed cable, as davide c suggests.

The AC panel was on '85 to '88 model years. Dismantled, it appears in good condition, needs three new filaments, so thanks for the replies - quest complete.

Doug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts