SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VECTOR trunk badge - if you want one $25 and it is yours!

I have a 2003 Vector:). On the trunk it has 2.0T emblem. I want to replace it with VECTOR emblem, sort of like Aero emblem.
Does such thing exist? If yes, can you give me a part number? I would probably have to get it from Europe - if somebody can hook me up, i will paypall you money same day!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,410 Posts
No. There is no official Vector trunk badge. The only place the name actually appeared on the 2003 Vectors was on the front door sills. These only made it to about the first half of the 2003 production run of Vectors. The rest got plain sills without any name. This was due to threatened litigation by Vector Automotive, which produced a few supercars in the 90's under that name.

I have looked for badges that would be suitable. The closest I have found is the badge for the Vauxhall Vectra, which I saw on eBay. Vauxhall also makes a car with an "O" in the name. So combine elements of these two, and you might have something decent. It is not the same font used in "Aero," but I thought it looked pretty cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ctrlz said:
No. There is no official Vector trunk badge. The only place the name actually appeared on the 2003 Vectors was on the front door sills. These only made it to about the first half of the 2003 production run of Vectors. The rest got plain sills without any name. This was due to threatened litigation by Vector Automotive, which produced a few supercars in the 90's under that name.

I have looked for badges that would be suitable. The closest I have found is the badge for the Vauxhall Vectra, which I saw on eBay. Vauxhall also makes a car with an "O" in the name. So combine elements of these two, and you might have something decent. It is not the same font used in "Aero," but I thought it looked pretty cool.
Yea, I got the sills :), but I want to the rear one too. Vectra is a good start. maybe I can combain it with an "o" from Aero badge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
schernov said:
Yea, I got the sills :), but I want to the rear one too. Vectra is a good start. maybe I can combain it with an "o" from Aero badge?
I remember about a while back someone was thinking about doing a custom badge job, don't know if they ever went through with it or not. Googled custom car badges and came to this site http://www.oceanemblems.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I got the sills. I got a hold of the company that will make a VECTOR badge for the trunk. Anybody interested? $25/ a piece plus shipping?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,410 Posts
schernov said:
Yea, I got the sills. I got a hold of the company that will make a VECTOR badge for the trunk. Anybody interested? $25/ a piece plus shipping?
I had seen some of these. The trouble was the fonts looked goofy (to me).

Do you have links to samples? $25 sounds reasonable, but I'm guessing there is a very limited font selection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
rando67 said:
Yes, I maybe interested as well.

Anyone have a link or pic of the Vector badge?
They guy said that if I send him a picture of good Aero badge, he will match the font (they have about 1500 type faces), also they would need the size that we want.

So far on the list:
Schernov
ctrlz
rando67
skye2000
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
schernov said:
They guy said that if I send him a picture of good Aero badge, he will match the font (they have about 1500 type faces), also they would need the size that we want.

So far on the list:
Schernov
ctrlz
rando67
That's something i'd be interested in. Let me know what happens
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top