SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just hoping to find out if there is a bolt mod or anything equivalent for a 2003 9-3 vector... I have searched the forums for days and days and only visually see anything for the 9-5's and threads with several missing pictures and broken links! Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,785 Posts
I have no idea what that is but can tell you 100% you cannot do anything to the car without Trionic 8 shutting you down, short of a complete remap of the software. So, no you cannot do a "bolt mod".

·
Super Moderator
11,176 Posts
The bolt mod is removing the hose from the R port of the boost pressure control solenoid (formerly called the APC solenoid prior to the introduction of Trionic) and then threading a 6 mm bolt into that port of the valve. This takes the evap system out of the loop, so if the check valve is faulty in that loop, it cannot redirect pressure in such a way that it causes the wastegate to open too early and bleed off boost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
swedespeed7
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing