SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to installing a rear window regulator because im having trouble aligning the mounting holes with or without the roller being in the track. So i had to temporarily zip tie what holes i can line up... I removed door panel, pushed aside the padding, drilled out rivets, removed old regulator, installed new one... Did i not uninstall something thats giving me this problem? Im dumbfounded, thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just did mine last week. Didn't have any major issues, try moving the slider in the window rail forward or back a bit to find the sweet spot. Also, make sure the wires for the motor are not in the way, maybe go ahead and clip that stay on the wire back into its hole.

I think I propped the window in the up position, with the switch plugged in, and ran the motor up and down until it all lined up. Took me a few min, once I had the aforementioned slider in the correct position.

What is your plan for permanent mounting? I used 3/16" aluminiun rivets, a little loose before they were pulled but seemed to grab good.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
K ill try what u suggested... Did u remove anythin other than door panel, the padding and the rivets, because WIS is tellin me to remove the trim thats on top of door and some screw by actuator? And actually i was debating whether to use some bolts and nuts cuz i didnt kno the rivet size but u just answered that for me so rivets it is, thank you
Just did mine last week. Didn't have any major issues, try moving the slider in the window rail forward or back a bit to find the sweet spot. Also, make sure the wires for the motor are not in the way, maybe go ahead and clip that stay on the wire back into its hole.

I think I propped the window in the up position, with the switch plugged in, and ran the motor up and down until it all lined up. Took me a few min, once I had the aforementioned slider in the correct position.

What is your plan for permanent mounting? I used 3/16" aluminiun rivets, a little loose before they were pulled but seemed to grab good.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Nope, just the door panel, foam sheet liner and then drilled rivets and removed. Nothing else seemed to be in the way.

I seem to remember a stage when I put it back in that it didn't want to sit right, like you describe. Just keep working the regulator forward and back in the window slider and the geometry will line up at some point.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ill give it another attempt sometime next week, will update if all goes well or bad lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts