SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I know this topic was covered before, but can;t seem to find it. So here goes: I'm trying to have all 4 doors unlock after turning off my ignition and pulling my key out. I know you can set 4 doors to unlock with one click on the remote disarm button, but can it be done with the ignition?

Hate to always press the unlock buttion whenever I have people in the car...Anyone can provide link to all the Tech II options? Much appreciated.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
You need to get the "rolling lock" set via Tech 2. It locks all doors when you hit 8mph and unlocks the doors when you pull you the key from the ignition. The centre console switch still works though if you have to let somebody out of the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The option to have all doors auto locked after 8mph is already set in my car, but it doesn't auto unlock all doors when I turn off the ignition and take my key out.

(Pulling my hear out) I can't seem to find the thread that had all the Tech2 options...For the love of god, does anyone have that lying around?

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pab95 - Thanks for the info, that was the it.

After reviewing the options, there doesnt seem to have a choice to unlock all 4 doors. It's good to know that the option is not there rather than second guessing.

Thank you Kermit and Pab95 for the help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I spoke with a Saab service manager about this. I think there is a way but the dealer won't do it. Won't even talk about it. He claims it will break something else or was phased out with an update. What it comes down to is that if someone is robbed or killed by an intruder who opens up one of the other doors that unlocked automatically when the key was pulled out, there could be a lawsuit. He said that there are some things that Saab has tried to prevent via updates.

So, yes it can probably be done, but it won't be easy to get it set that way I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts