SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I enabled security access on my Tech2 and started playing around with it on my Saab. The thing is, I disconnected, and then came back later to do some more experimenting only to find that I was again prompted to get security access. Maybe I didn't save the security access properly when my laptop confirmed access, but I thought that once you have access for a car stored on the T2 you shouldn't have to get it over and over again each time you connect?

So once you have security access, does it stay with the VIN stored on the T2 or not?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Mine asks me to re-issue security access but i am not sure what the logic is. For example, I changed a few of the most common settings and then wanted to change the service percentage after resetting the service and for that last step it asked me again to get security access. Not sure if it is doing that after so many setting changes or if there is a logic depending on the setting you want to change. So my opinion is you gotta have the laptop with you when monkeying around with the Tech2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts