SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im shopping around for a lower mileage '06 9-3 Aero and found one that is 95% PERFECT for me; low mileage, blue, tan interior, aero, ect... Only thing is it desnt have navigation. Is it going to be fairly difficult to find an '06 Aero in Blue with naviation? Carmax has the blue one I previously mentioned and they also have a black one with nav but Im not keen on black cars. Unfortunetly the cars are in way seperate states or I would talk to them about possibly switching them out for a high price. Do people ever convert from factory navs to aftermarket? If so what is the going rate for the factory nav head unit?

·
Registered
72 Posts
With all the incentives on new 07's you might be able to find one with navigation at a great price just an fyi, otherwise a look for a demo at a dealer.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yes NAV is rare b/c GM requires that you buy OnStar first ($800), then the NAV system ($2000+), so out the door NAV on the 9-3 is very expensive vs other cars in the same class (usually around or under $2k). The system uses the OnStar electronics to support the NAV GPS system. However it looks like on the 2008 models they no longer require the purchase of Onstar like earlier models, so the new NAV is $2100.

Someone here recently installed a Pioneer aftermarket NAV system. It looked pretty good. Search the archives, there were photos posted. Installing the factory NAV (retrofit) is extremely cost prohibitive and most dealer's won't/can't do it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts