SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a 2007 but, is that all that is supposed to show up? I also have the surrounds of my ICM2 buttons and the controls for the sid light up.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not talking about the speedo, i mean the other lights. i have a bunch of other lights that light up besides the speedo. My speedo looks like that

·
Registered
302 Posts
haha this is in response to my post on the car lounge.

I think that that photo was photoshopped a little for effect by saab.

My 9-5 only dims the backlighting on the switches/buttons.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Yes, I too have a few lights that remain on when 'night panel' is activated. The instrumentation does dark (outside of the speedo of course) but some dashboard, and if I recall correctly, the steering wheel controls remain lit. For example, the climate control display goes dark but the buttons to adjust the climate control remain lit. Is this what you are asking about?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sptsdn said:
Yes, I too have a few lights that remain on when 'night panel' is activated. The instrumentation does dark (outside of the speedo of course) but some dashboard, and if I recall correctly, the steering wheel controls remain lit. For example, the climate control display goes dark but the buttons to adjust the climate control remain lit. Is this what you are asking about?
yes, that is what i was wondering. i wish my entire dash went that dark, i really don't have a need for a light on the other buttons. Love the feature either way!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Uptil the dash facelift MY06 the buttons were supposed to dim to 65% of their original brightness, rather than completly unlit.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
robhurlburt said:
hmm, not sure if they dim...
I've never noticed this before but I just checked it today and yes, the buttons do dim a bit. I usually have them pretty dim to begin with so it's not terribly noticeable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts