SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so for a while i have had a rough idle occasionaly. i went ahead and cleaned my throttle body. the inside was pretty built up with gunk. while it was off, i took a look at my IAC and noticed kinda thick walls of black are coating the inside of the air hose passage ways and you can see some wearing on the valve itself. so when the throttle body was cleaned, i put everything back on (didnt clean the IAC i thought you werent supposed to) and started the car.

so now, at idle, constantly, it rev hunts. just like waves of different rpms. from low enough to shake the car to probably 1k. its not sporadic, its always the same rpms at the same wave like intervals. and its whenever the car drops to idle. after idle, it runs like a top, i could feel a large improvement over how it reacts with the cleaned throttle. after some thinking on my part, i figured that maybe my IAC is bad, and because of the junk in the throttle body my butterfly valve was staying partially opened, which made the car not rely on the IAC very much. but now that its clean and can close properly, its relying solely on the IAC and because of that my idle is worse than before.

so do those sound like symptoms of a bad IAC? i triple checked all the lines going to the TB and will recheck today with fresh eyes.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I clean my IAC probably every 10,000 miles or so by blasting it with throttle body cleaner and then using some q tips. After it's clean i pour some oil into it and let it drain through to lubricate the moving components.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think my is bad too my idle is bad shakes when move from parking. Should the valve be a little crack opening at all times?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts