SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My car was sitting in my garage for the past week while I waited for NAPA to get me my new starter. Anyway I've had it on the road for the past 2 days and I noticed while I was letting it warm up today that the driverside HID is now a bit dimmer and also a white shade instead of the regular blue tint to it like the passenger HID. Is this the bulb going? or something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Are your lights aimed properly? Why is the passenger one shining in the camera when the camera is higher than the headlights? Can you park your car 25 feet from a wall and take a photo of the cutoff? Try and get a better photo though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are your lights aimed properly? Why is the passenger one shining in the camera when the camera is higher than the headlights? Can you park your car 25 feet from a wall and take a photo of the cutoff? Try and get a better photo though.
I don't see why they wouldn't be aligned. I think its just a bad photo which gives the impression they aren't aligned. I'm going try and take a better pic tonight.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
If you wanna be sure, switch the bulbs to see if it does it still. If it is still on the same side, it is either the ballast or a wiring problem (but probably the ballast)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I uploaded some better pictures.

If you wanna be sure, switch the bulbs to see if it does it still. If it is still on the same side, it is either the ballast or a wiring problem (but probably the ballast)
Yeam I'm was thinking of doing that when i have some free time. Its looks like a real PITA job to get them out especially the driverside.

Does anyone know if there is a DYI guide up on the forum?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Passenger side might be slightly dimmer. There's no color at the cutoff which is weird. If it were me I would replace both bulbs. HID bulbs lose lumens as they age so they should always be replaced in pairs. Order your bulbs from www.theretrofitsource.com and go with 4,300k bulbs. If you go with a higher kelvin rating you are losing lumens and putting more strain on your eyes. Saab's have very colorful cutoffs so higher kelvin bulbs are absolutely pointless.

To install just pull the front bumper. It takes 20-30 minutes for your first time, and it will give you easy access to the lights. It's better than cutting your hands and arms up trying to remove bulbs.

·
Registered
129 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts