SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.0 LPT which I have given a stage 1 (BSR) and a mitsubishi turbo (td04). I really does go like excrement off a shovel. I was wondering whether this was the world's best kept secret! Does anyone else out there have this fabulous combination? I wonder how many BHP - 220-230?

Woodman (deeply in love with his Saab!) (despite an extemely annoying petrol smell which is soon to be remedied - i didn't need that other kidney)

P.S. Why do all the Barry boys in their astras think they can possibly outrun a 9-5?!;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yeah, you need all the Aero piping, and you need to reprogram Trionic with Aero software I believe.

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Woodman said:
I have a 2.0 LPT which I have given a stage 1 (BSR) and a mitsubishi turbo (td04). I really does go like excrement off a shovel. I was wondering whether this was the world's best kept secret! Does anyone else out there have this fabulous combination? I wonder how many BHP - 220-230?
I doubt the secret is that great, considering Saab made a car just like it. *cough* Aero *cough*

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Theres isnt that much pipework to change just to fit the mitsi turbo, but there is some, and Woodman has a Stage 1 rather than the Aero software.

I have heard of folks putting the TD04 turbo on and fitting an Aero ECU, but not many with Woodman's combination. Clearly works well!

Power wise you will have about the same as the Stage 1 states but the turbo is more reliable and will reach and sustain peak values better ;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What I meant by "best kept secret" is the fact that you can buy a ridiculously cheap 2.0 LPT like I did, and with a small investment turn it into an *** spanker with relative ease. Of course anyone can buy an aero (if you can afford it.)

I love being different driving a Saab.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Got this definition of the verb to barry hope it helps Mike:

barry (verb): to aimlessly drive a vehicle with music playing at high levels of volume and bass, often in a basic model of car which has been altered to0 look like a sports model -usually the preoccupation of young males. (Barry Boys)

So not quite Ricers really then again......:cheesy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts