SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a 2004 Arc Convertible for 4 years, I recently changed to a 2005 Aero sedan. I just assumed it would have headlight washers and HID lights. It didn,t have them. The dash trim is metalic, it has the tiptronic shifters and sport button and it seems to have everything it should. Could I have a counterfit Aero?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I have an 01 with quartz lights and my wife has an '03 with hid...I like the old lights better.

You can research the VIN to see if it is an Aero.

·
Registered
707 Posts
who cares if that car doesn't have those options....that is a VERY nice Aero. it is no where worth that price but still..
Why is a 2004 Aero Sedan with 65k miles not worth 8,500?

I paid 10,000 for a 2005 ARC Wagon with 57,000. If I were to do it again, I would spring for that Aero.

Car market must be different on the wrong coast...

·
Registered
351 Posts
After owning a 2004 Arc Convertible for 4 years, I recently changed to a 2005 Aero sedan. I just assumed it would have headlight washers and HID lights. It didn,t have them. The dash trim is metalic, it has the tiptronic shifters and sport button and it seems to have everything it should. Could I have a counterfit Aero?
My '04 Aero doesn't have HID. It does have headlight washers, though. I thought those were standard at all trim levels. Mine also has the metallic (I think aluminum) dash and shifters. So long as it also has the bigger brakes, I'd say you have a real Aero.

·
Registered
943 Posts
yeah I think washers were standard. It isn't like HIDs need washing and others don't. plus it would look silly to have washer covers but no washers underneath.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah I think washers were standard. It isn't like HIDs need washing and others don't. plus it would look silly to have washer covers but no washers underneath.
Mine does not have the washer covers at all. Thanks for the replies - I will check out the vin #.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Pretty sure the headlight washers were one of the options that were standard then became optional.

New European cars require headlight washers if they have HID's to prevent glare. Not sure when that became a rule or in what countries it applies but I'm pretty sure it's a few of them.

·
Registered
08 9-5 Aero
2,297 Posts
I don't have Onstar or ventilated seats.......I know those are options. I would think the Aero would come standard w/those two you mentioned.
Maybe not.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Mine does not have the washer covers at all. Thanks for the replies - I will check out the vin #.
Hey Blue... I've got headlight washers on my linear and totally hate them!

I'll swap you bumper covers and I'll throw in the mechanical components for the washer system as well ;ol;

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Many thanks for the replies. What I have found is that my car (vin check) is indeed an Aero, and that not having the HID and washers is probably a good thing. I know the HID's on my 2004 were expensive and troublesome to replace. Now that I have her all cleaned up I sure am enjoying the car.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Hey Blue... I've got headlight washers on my linear and totally hate them!

I'll swap you bumper covers and I'll throw in the mechanical components for the washer system as well ;ol;
WHAT? The washers are a great feature - especially if you are driving in the snow states.

I agree that the halogens are better than HIDs.

Counterfeit Aero? Never.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts