SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 9-3 is getting old and ugly and I'm thinking of getting something else this summer. Wasn't looking for Saabs in particular since they are out of production permanently.

but today I saw these guys online and I started to consider another saab since I've have such a good experience with this one. Should I go for any of these? What are common problems that I can expect with the 2010+ models if I buy them? Did they still use the fiber optic loops in these?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...ned&sortDirection=undefined#listing=164680086

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=166337152

Edit:
Does the onstar work on these newer models?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I looked at one of the new bodies some time ago and was discouraged by a service manager at one of the few remaining Saab service centers, he said rather buy a clean 9-3. I ended up buying a 2008 Aero convertible with low miles and really happy with the buy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at one of the new bodies some time ago and was discouraged by a service manager at one of the few remaining Saab service centers, he said rather buy a clean 9-3. I ended up buying a 2008 Aero convertible with low miles and really happy with the buy.
Do you remember what he said? I agree with JBarstad, those 9-5s got me thirsty as hell bro. I just don't wanna be stuck with something that I can't find parts for or find a good service place - I heard GM had nothing to do with the 2011 models.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just turned 100K on my 2007 9-5. I plan to take it to 200K which will take me about 4 years. At that time I'll have to decide. I've enjoyed the 9-5 in the almost a year I've had it. I've done a lot of work to it on my own and feel pretty confident in my ability to work on it such that I can make it affordable for me.

That said, parts availability will be a concern in 2021 when I'll probably look for something else. If I stay with a SAAB I'd likely look for a nice, well-kept, low- mileage 2009 9-5. I think parts availability will be a world better for the 06-09 over the 10-11 in 4 years. I think enough 06-09 were made such that if you need body parts they'll be available and as far as mechanical parts they'll be available as well. I suppose it would be wise to keep an eye on Orio and see what their plans are WRT SAAB parts.

By that time though a 2009 is 12 years old. What's low mileage? 80K? 100K? I got my 2007 with 77500 on it. That'd be about the same aside from two years older.

It'll be tough and would probably depend on what 2009 9-5 was available at the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.