SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for a "stock" 91 9kt 5 speed to spin hellaciously(sp?) through 1st from a 10 mph roll? I don't know if it's stock or what not.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Depending on the tires and conditions, it's certainly possible. My old stock CS Turbo would spin its tires through first and second on dry pavement with Blizzaks.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
jjmoneydawg said:
Is it normal for a "stock" 91 9kt 5 speed to spin hellaciously(sp?) through 1st from a 10 mph roll? I don't know if it's stock or what not.
Yes, if it is running right. Cure is to apply throttle more lightly, get good tires, replace worn lower wishbone bushings, get a Saab w/ TCS and or LSD fitted.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Indeed, the limited grip of the tiny stock wheels/tyres of the car are no match for the low end torque of the turbo; get some wider and stickier rubber on there and all that spin is transfered to the back of the drivers seat.

·
Registered
485 Posts
TD said:
My 97 CS doens't spin through first or second, no tcs either, am i lacking power? And why?

It should in first on stock wheels, but the CS gear box has a taller gearing, it will with more hp; the '91 gearbox has a shorter gear ratio so it accelerates like crazy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
yes this car does have long gears ive noticed. That would explain it, because it still seems fast even though my wheels dont spin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts