SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Joe,
Mind if I ask where you got your turbo and how much it was with the special bearings and port and polish? PM me that unless you want us all to know!:lol:
gpopshop?
I am going to replace mine, rebuild the old one myself and sell on ebay to recoup some cost.
Will the turbo you got fit our new ELHs and fit up with no hose mods?
Figured I'd go with an EWG for easier and more precise tuning.
Thank you and have a Merry Christmas!
John

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
hey John!

Sorry my PMs were full earlier today... I went to GPopShop after recommendations of Pierre (idiot_saabvant) and a few others. I did lots of calling around and these guys were the best. A lot of other shops just did the basic stuff and when I started asking about extras and options, well, they weren't all that helpful.

In any event, here's the specs:

T3/T04E Hybrid
.60 A/R compressor housing
57 Trim compressor wheel
.63 A/R turbine housing
Stage III turbine wheel

360* monster thrust bearing
step-gapped oil seals
metric water cooled CHRA

I wanted a brand new turbo, not rebuilt, so the new genuine garretts run $675. 360 thrust bearing was +85. Watercooled metric bearing housing and the gapped oil seal combined was +100. Total was $885 w/shipping.

This turbo should bolt up fine, just have to clock it so the oil lines line up.

External wastegates are great, I love mine.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joe,
Thanks!
Much of a big deal doing the water lines?
I have an 87 as well and was thinking of keeping it oil only, but if the water seals and leaks are not a concern, why not, eh?

BTW,
Love TRB's quote!:lol:

·
Registered
278 Posts
IronJoe said:
hey John!

Sorry my PMs were full earlier today... I went to GPopShop after recommendations of Pierre (idiot_saabvant) and a few others. I did lots of calling around and these guys were the best. A lot of other shops just did the basic stuff and when I started asking about extras and options, well, they weren't all that helpful.

In any event, here's the specs:

T3/T04E Hybrid
.60 A/R compressor housing
57 Trim compressor wheel
.63 A/R turbine housing
Stage III turbine wheel

360* monster thrust bearing
step-gapped oil seals
metric water cooled CHRA

I wanted a brand new turbo, not rebuilt, so the new genuine garretts run $675. 360 thrust bearing was +85. Watercooled metric bearing housing and the gapped oil seal combined was +100. Total was $885 w/shipping.

This turbo should bolt up fine, just have to clock it so the oil lines line up.

External wastegates are great, I love mine.
How much boost will that big 'old' turbo of yours put out? Sounds awesome!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boosted said:
Too much if you aren't careful.
I want the extra flow for altitude and for gentler highway passing. It will be smoother than what I have now, but I need to install a real boost gauge along with it.

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Boosted said:
Sweet spot is around 17 psi. I'll be running it on base boost (9 or 11 psi, depending on which spring I use) for a while. I am not planning on cranking up the boost until the new ECU is done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Boosted said:
Sweet spot is around 17 psi. I'll be running it on base boost (9 or 11 psi, depending on which spring I use) for a while. I am not planning on cranking up the boost until the new ECU is done.
so the old school Garrett makes 17psi with a proper tune? And iron joe bug huge question or to some one who knows? What all does it take to put on a 2.3 head on a c900? And will i need and what has to to modified?

·
Registered
994 Posts
lol.. newbies these days.

i miss the days when every thread was new to me too xD

that said, these are still some great upgrade specs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.