SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm new around here so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I just bought a MY03 Dolphin Grey Vector and I am loving it. Its just out of warranty however, and has a couple issues I'd like some input on. I searched around and couldn't find quite the right answer.

1. The rain sensing wipers don't work. If you turn the wipers on manually and shut them off in mid-stroke, they stay there, rather then retract back down. Washer spray also doesn't work. Previous owner said he took it to SAAB to get it diagnosed, and they said it was a $900 module that was acting up. I looked around here but couldn't find this mystery module. Does it exist? Or could it be an easier fixed issue?

2. The door speakers don't work. I know this is usually amp 2 acting up. Can is be fixed by a stereo repair shop or is replacing it the only option? Also, can anything else be the culprit?

3. The "time for service" message comes up on the SID every other start up. Can i just clear this?

Any help offered is very much appreciated. You guys have a great community here and I look forward to being a part of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi and welcome

Not sure about your wipers, sorry.

It's the AMP1 under the seat that drives the door speakers, they come on ebay sometimes, or these guys claim to fix them, www.saabradio.com .
Here's them on ebay
You can reset the service indicator yourself, but obviously check if you actually do need a service!

Tom

·
Registered
803 Posts
Yeah, the wipers run through the CIM, but so does the steering lock, so it's probably something that should be replaced before your wheel locks in the middle of a bend on the highway.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
20,427 Posts
I had no clue you could get a dolphin grey Vector. I was under the impression it was only Black, Red, White, Steel Grey & Graphite Green. I'm curious, how do you know it is a Vector?

Questions 1 and 2 have been answered. I believe the time for service indicator can be reset in the SID.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow you guys are good. It would appear that the car is metallic grey. It is a vector, I can confirm that through the VIN, door sills, body kit, etc..

If I replace the CIM, the rain sensors and misc. will work again? Any serious danger of the interlock acting up? Any chance of finding this on the online recylcers?

EDIT: I'm looking at the car-part website. What heading would this little wonder-module be found under?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts