SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am planning on changing my shocks and springs with a intrax/koni setup. I just wanted to know if the intrax springs can handle heavy loads. I use my car to move myself around every academic year and I really wouldn't like it if the intrax springs would give me problems when i load the car full.

·
Registered
772 Posts
what wheels/tires do you use on your car? Depending on that you might/might not have a problem
You can also add the poly rear airbags which allows you to pump the airbags up to reduce rear wheel travel, this allows rubbing to be reduced or eliminated depending on the wheels you use

I do know of a set of used poly airbags. PM me & I can forward you his info

·
Registered
9 Posts
you should be ok

with 205s it should be ok. You only move once a year so driving slow will help. I have this same setup with 215 40 17s and a small spacer on the bumpstop it works well with 4 people in the car but speed bumps are a tough.

·
Banned
637 Posts
You could 'just' buy the konis, they come valved for OEM springs.. and Work V well indeed.
Dunno why Saab novices always want to buy springs the Oem ones are pretty good :) Far better quality than aftermarket ones, durability wise at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts