SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be going to France in a couple of weeks.
I'm not going to scour any junkyards, but I could slip a small item or two (no body parts) in my luggage (to or from) if that helps anyone.
I suppose I could mail larger items if given exact instructions.

Things that might be cheaper here:
O2 sensors
Bulbs
Books
???

Things that may be available there:
Non-EPA APC and LH boxes
Lucas parts
???

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Jim Mesthene said:
.......but I could slip a small item or two (no body parts) in my luggage (to or from) if that helps anyone......

car or human? ;)

G

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Jim Mesthene said:
I'll be going to France in a couple of weeks.
Small spanner (8mm?) to throw in the works, Jim...

I'm not sure I've ever even _seen_ a c900 in France. They're very far from common over there - mine got a lot of "What's that?" kinda looks when I took it over a couple of months ago.

My suspicion is that you'll be doing very well to find any parts of any kind for them without "scouring" scrappies - unless you've got a local contact.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
FYI, if you get Volvo 740 headlights, you can sell them in the US for a decent money. Thanks to DOT, headlights in the US are required to blind oncoming traffic and illuminate anything but the road in front of the car.

·
Banned
5,841 Posts
Jim don't waste your precious vacation time;)

Spit off the top of the Eiffel tower, buy some tourist trinkets have some fine food and wine, send a pile of post cards with some cheeky quips to people you can't stand:lol:

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
TooMany2cvs said:
Small spanner (8mm?) to throw in the works, Jim...

I'm not sure I've ever even _seen_ a c900 in France. They're very far from common over there - mine got a lot of "What's that?" kinda looks when I took it over a couple of months ago.

My suspicion is that you'll be doing very well to find any parts of any kind for them without "scouring" scrappies - unless you've got a local contact.
something similar to what I was thinking of

·
Registered
13,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not planning on searching for parts, I just thought that if I could bring someone a Bentley or some such thing at half the European price it might be useful.
I never was a parts man, I'm just offering to be the mule.

·
Registered
10,081 Posts
Jim Mesthene said:
I'm not planning on searching for parts, I just thought that if I could bring someone a Bentley or some such thing at half the European price it might be useful.
I never was a parts man, I'm just offering to be the mule.
Ah, sorry - thought you were talking about bringing _from_ France _to_ the USA...

·
Registered
44 Posts
:D hello
I am french and i live in France . But I think that by now thing are much more expensive in europe than in usa. only because euro is very high.
Some saab Frenchman are interested by ABS parts for saab which are less expensives in USA than in FRance.
I shall tell you what to morrow.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
TooMany2cvs said:
Ah, sorry - thought you were talking about bringing _from_ France _to_ the USA...
Me too.

patard said:
:D hello
I am french and i live in France . But I think that by now thing are much more expensive in europe than in usa. only because euro is very high.
Some saab Frenchman are interested by ABS parts for saab which are less expensives in USA than in FRance.
I shall tell you what to morrow.
New or used? There is a 92 900S in the local yard that has ABS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts