SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1996 Saab 900 intermittently (approx every two weeks) fails to start (cranks but no start, wait 1 hr and will start). Fuel pressure measured 50psi so service installed T line into throttle body to reduce to 42psi. Still intermittently cranks with out starting (wait 1 hr and it starts), had fuel pump sending unit and fuel filter replaced. Today after running car for 1 hr., parked, came back 3 hrs later cranked but no start. . Waited 45 min. Cranked and started right up.Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
This should be in the NG900 forum, not the c900 forum.

That said, if fuel pressure is too high either the return check valve is damaged on the fuel pressure regulator is damaged.... A "t line" (I'm not sure what that is...) is not the proper solution. Still, I think it's beyond unlikely that slight high fuel pressure would cause a no start. Far more likely a timing or ignition issue... crank sensor, ignition module, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This should be in the NG900 forum, not the c900 forum.

That said, if fuel pressure is too high either the return check valve is damaged on the fuel pressure regulator is damaged.... A "t line" (I'm not sure what that is...) is not the proper solution. Still, I think it's beyond unlikely that slight high fuel pressure would cause a no start. Far more likely a timing or ignition issue... crank sensor, ignition module, etc.
I replaced the crank sensor and the problem has been alleviated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts