SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When have your service warnings actually shown up on your 9-3s? Does the SID actually take you down to 1 and 0% and then show up? I'm currently at about 8K and 9%.

·
Super Moderator
20,354 Posts
inyrmnd said:
When have your service warnings actually shown up on your 9-3s? Does the SID actually take you down to 1 and 0% and then show up? I'm currently at about 8K and 9%.
I am unsure about the 2007, but mine chimes and a wrench appears on the SID.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diggs said:
I am unsure about the 2007, but mine chimes and a wrench appears on the SID.
Mine hasn't done this yet, so I'm guessing it runs all the way down to 0%. However, as conscience as my SAAB seems, this doesn't seem right. In fact, just today, I noticed a considerable amount of Turbo lag (more than ever) and a sort of sluggish acceleration. The hard part is that I can't take it in to get serviced on them unless the warning shows. I'm currently at 8800 miles and 5%.

·
Super Moderator
20,354 Posts
inyrmnd said:
Mine hasn't done this yet, so I'm guessing it runs all the way down to 0%. However, as conscience as my SAAB seems, this doesn't seem right. In fact, just today, I noticed a considerable amount of Turbo lag (more than ever) and a sort of sluggish acceleration. The hard part is that I can't take it in to get serviced on them unless the warning shows. I'm currently at 8800 miles and 5%.
Mine didn't go off until 12.5k miles.

·
Super Moderator
20,354 Posts
inyrmnd said:
Did you service (or oil change) it anytime before then?
No. First oil change at that point along with intermediate service (basically checking fluids).

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Diggs your an 03, our Intervals were programmed to 15K. As I recall mine last went off just before my 60K with about 10%, I brought it in with 60050 miles for service, when I left they had forgotten to reset so I did it myself.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
Not sure on the 07's but on the 03'-06' MY the "time for service" can come on at any time at any " % oil life" left.

We'll never be able to figure out the algorithm in the 03'-05' models:roll:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have an '07 with 7700 miles and down to 10%. Still no service warning. The service advisor at my local dealer said it could go to 10K.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Please confirm.

Does the "Time for Service" message have to show in order to get the scheduled maintenance taken care of by the dealer (ie. free of charge)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts