SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2007 Saab 9-3, 2.0T/6MT
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having an issue with my electric locks sometimes failing to operate, but it is a little strange. Sometimes they won't lock, sometimes they won't unlock. 90% of the time the only lock that is affected is the driver door, but sometimes the rear driver side door will also not cooperate. Passenger side locks have all been fine so far (as far as I have noticed). If the locks aren't working, changing which remote I use does not help and neither does any amount of using the switch on the door panel. Usually if the locks aren't functioning and I open the door from the inside handle to get out of the car, the locks will start working again, but this isn't 100% effective. Additionally, the alarm does not appear to arm if one of the locks isn't engaged - if I push the button on my remote to lock the car and then test the driver door as I prepare to walk away from the car and the driver door hasn't locked, it will open and the alarm will not sound. If I manually lock the door and then unlock it with the physical key with no additional button pushes on the remote in between, the alarm will be triggered.

I'm pretty ignorant on how this system works, so any help would be appreciated :). Is this likely an electrical issue in some module or something of that nature? Is it more likely that I just happen to have two failing actuators at the same time? Do I just need to lubricate or clean something in the locks? And lastly should I be concerned that my alarm will randomly go off (unprovoked) after I've left the car or that the locks might stick one way or the other or anything like that? As it is so far, it is just a nuisance. I don't leave anything valuable in the car and realistically I should be checking to make sure the locks are working before I leave it regardless. It'd just be nice to make it work more consistently.

· Registered
1,399 Posts
Mine are very intermittent in the rear. For some reason if I manually lock/unlock them several times they continue functioning properly for a while...lather, rinse, repeat for years now. I don't really 7se the rear doors so it makes little dofference to me, YMMV.

Reactions: vtk5
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.