SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 95 Aero and recently I have been having 2 problems.

1) Occasionally, the car won't start on the initial turn of the key. Instead of taking the standard second or so to start, it humps and humps and then fires up. It has never "not" started, but it might take as much as 3 or 4 seconds.

2) While driving at a variety of speeds, the car seems to "slip" or "lag" under light acceleration. I have seen it at 25mph and at 65mph.

I did have my battery replaced a month ago, but I can't believe it would have anything to do with item #2. 1?? Still doubt it, but I guess possible.

I have read on the site that this could be a DI issue. I had that replaced about 6 months ago. So my question is this. If it is a DI issue, should I expect the Engine Light to come on? To date, it has not come on for either issue. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Could be DI. (not much you can do to check).

Could be early signs of failing fuel pump. (Competent tech can put a current-reading scope on the wires to the pump... reasonably steady sawtooth wave=good, large dropouts with squarish wave=imminent death). Does it sometimes almost die when coming to a stop (momentarily idle down very slow, then recover?) Also a fuel pump symptom.

Could be throttle body (clean & see if it improves).

Could be aging spark plugs (new NGK BCPR6ES-11 every 20k miles or so will cure a multitude of ills - some Aeros want BCPR7ES-11)

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Good advice from the Noob, but I suspect Throttle body, cleaning it will probably help ( amybe for a bit ) but it is best to replace...

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Maybe a vaccum leak as well.... or a deverter valve on its way out

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just developed similar problem myself. Have cured it befor by changing spark plugs, but not this time.

(What's a diverter valve in UK speak?)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Could also be the Crank Position Sensor :confused:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
kittybeldie said:
(What's a diverter valve in UK speak?)
Dump valve ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts