SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this listed in other posts, so I hope this isn't already in here and I missed it .. .

I have a 1999 Saab 9-3

If I have the A/C on for more than 10-15 minutes, the airflow seems to cut out (though I still hear the fan blowing nice and hard). Even under these low flow conditions, the air is still nice and cold. At some point later (5 minutes - 25 minutes), it magically comes back on at the designated fan speed. This happens when driving on highways or 'city' street .. doesn't matter. This happens when I turn off the A/C, turn it back on, adjust vents, air speed, etc.

After reading posts on "air conditioning" I can't seem to find anyone with the same problem. This problem doesn't happen when the heat is on, so I believe it's related to A/C.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Does your car have ACC, or manual controls? If you specify which one, it may make it easier to make some suggestions (and Welcome to the board).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Manual Controls

I have the Manual control. The style with the 2 big knobs .. one for temp control and one for selecting the vent.

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Since I have the ACC, the only suggestion I can make is to verify somehow that what you are hearing IS the cabin fan. After that, someone with manual controls will have to chime in...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's definitely the cabin fan . . . .

It's definitely the cabin fan as I can adjust the speed control and hear it change it's pitch.

P.S.
- This is a great forum! I've figured out a bunch of other stuff for other problems/nuisances already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts