SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I notice that sometimes when I make several trips in a day that at one point my car will not start. It's a 2001 9-5 4 cyl. turbo w/ 130,000 miles. When I go to start it there is absolutely no sound......no turnover or anything but all the electronics work perfectly. Maybe a little buzz for a second and I assume that is the battery working the electronics. If I leave the car alone for about 5-10 minutes she'll start right up but if I continue to try and start her it'll just delay the starting for up to 20 minutes. Any ideas of what this may be? Oh yeah, this problem has been going on for about a year which leads me to believe that it's not something wearing out because it probably would have gone by now. Also, it may not happen for months or it may happen several times per week.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Al's Red Wagon said:
[ Politely]
When these symptoms are present, the problem is usually a faulty Crank Position Sensor or CPS.

:D
A faulty CPS will allow the car to crank but not start. He is experiencing a no crank situation.

Your problem is more likely a loose connection at the starter. Very common! Check the starter and make sure all connections are tight. The other common fault with a no crank is with the neutral safety switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts