SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder who can answer this with certainty:

Are the arm rests in the vert black or only the plastic handle? If they are, is this the case only when you have the accents in the seats? Furthermore, if you have the accents in the seats rather than just the plain one color look do they continue the black arm rests to back seat arm rests too?

I ask this because I think that I prefer the plain parchment interior with the chili red exterior, but am wondering if therefore the whole interior apart from the dashboard area, center console and arm rests will be parchment?

Thanks!

Dr.C

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
The arm rests are black (or v.dark charcoal grey), very tastefully done i might add. They are the same colour as the contrasting panels you can have.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I ask this because I think that I prefer the plain parchment interior with the chili red exterior
good to hear you have decided on the red and the lighter color interior.

the "armrest" in the front is black while the center console cover is parchment.

the rear also is black.

you can sortta see this by going to the Saab sight and viewing the interior pics.

I really like the parchment interior especially with the top raised.

Jaime

·
Registered
143 Posts
Doc,

My convertible has parchment leather, no accents. Acutually, I am not a great fan of the accented panels.

Everything is parchment except dash, top of centre console and door armrests. Looks really good IMHO. :cool: Some pics too, which I downloaded from the Saab web site.

Spinner

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spinner

Thanks guys, but I;m still not understanding if in the interior without accents if the back armrests are also black or if they parchment. I have seen on the Saab site an interior pic of the rear where it is all parchment - that photo with the roof up - looks quite stunning but I'm not convinced in reality it is like it shown!

So, Spinner, in your car the black arm rest trim continues to the back arm rests?

Dr. C

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Dr. Caramba said:
So, Spinner, in your car the black arm rest trim continues to the back arm rests?

Dr. C
Spinner car is exactly the same as mine - the black armrest do continue in the back.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Caramba, althought im 100% fan of the parchment, i think i would never go with that interier color if i would like to drive with children :nono;

If I were on your place, i would definitelly go with chilli red aero in the dark 2tone interier :)

Nooow i did not help you very much, right :cheesy:

Dr. Caramba said:
I wonder who can answer this with certainty:

Are the arm rests in the vert black or only the plastic handle? If they are, is this the case only when you have the accents in the seats? Furthermore, if you have the accents in the seats rather than just the plain one color look do they continue the black arm rests to back seat arm rests too?

I ask this because I think that I prefer the plain parchment interior with the chili red exterior, but am wondering if therefore the whole interior apart from the dashboard area, center console and arm rests will be parchment?

Thanks!

Dr.C

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
ttuurrbboo said:
Caramba, althought im 100% fan of the parchment, i think i would never go with that interier color if i would like to drive with children :nono;
Why not? The Parchment leather is just as durable as the grey. My 3yr old is a bit partial to the odd chocolate bar, and ice creams (complete with raspberry sauce) and the interior is like new.
The only thing i have started to notice about the parchment interior, is that the under the sunvisors, it looks a bit mucky from what i think is pollution in the air that doesnt seem to shift with a wet finger (it a bit like to dust.dirt that build up on the old beige pc monitors). I havent had a good go at cleaning it, but the initial wet finger test tells me ill have to use some good old elbow grease to get it ***** and spang agian .

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys (a ty taky Tuurrbbooo!)!

My feeling is for the parchment since I already have a good experience with my last 9-3 which was this color. Someone made the comment that some wear and tear can be seen where the crease marks are on the inside of the roof - did you boys notice this? Is it of any concern? Is there a remedy such as some treatment or shouldn't one bother about it? Do you guys treat the outside of the roof with anything?

Otherwise, I'm quite liking the look of the new aero wheels that I have seen in various photos on the web - if you look carefully you will notice the 8-pointed cross... ;)

Dr. C

·
Registered
143 Posts
Getting up early in the morning

JWLANKY is an early bird! The 06 model is the same. I also agree with JWLANKY about parchment. It is quite kiddy proof.

Mine is too new to say regarding care of the fabric roof. In your first month of ownership there is a much more serious problem. Trying not to grin or look self conscious as you lower the hood.:cheesy: :cheesy:

It's all decided then???????

Spinner

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
YES.

But I'm grinning and looking selfconscious sitting on the couch writing this as my wife stares at me in disbelief :lol:

Dr. C

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I used a damp microfibre cloth every now and again, and i have gave the leather a total go over twice with gliptone cleaner and conditioner (smelss great!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts