SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a common problem for the interior lighting (dome and one behind rear view mirror) to stop working on 900's? Door switches both check good, switch checks ok with a continuity meter, fuse is good yet I still don't get any voltage to either socket. Searched the forums a bit but I didn't really find anything pertaining to inside lighting. One mentioned the buzzer but mine works fine. Light in the rear under the speaker works, but I think that's a different circuit altogether although not sure.

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
usually the switch even if showing up ok, squirt some wd in it, as if it's the dorr switch usual;ly one goes not both, and make sure it's on the door opener setting not in the middle, been there done that lol:cheesy:

·
Registered
5,464 Posts
Is it a common problem for the interior lighting (dome and one behind rear view mirror) to stop working on 900's? Door switches both check good, switch checks ok with a continuity meter, fuse is good yet I still don't get any voltage to either socket. Searched the forums a bit but I didn't really find anything pertaining to inside lighting. One mentioned the buzzer but mine works fine. Light in the rear under the speaker works, but I think that's a different circuit altogether although not sure.
The light switch between the seats has three settings.

Position one turns them on constant.
Position two is always off.
Position three they come on when the door is opened and there is a 20 second timer delay to shut them off after the door is shut.

You might check that the switch is not in position two.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You might check that the switch is not in position two.
I have tried all 3 positions and still cannot get any voltage to either socket, door open or closed. It is like the fuse is dead but the other electrical items on the circuit that fuse fuses stop when I pull it. Fuse is good..

usually the switch even if showing up ok, squirt some wd in it, as if it's the dorr switch usual;ly one goes not both, and make sure it's on the door opener setting not in the middle, been there done that lol:cheesy:
What i have not tried, come to think of it, is checking each lead off the switch plug for voltage with the doors open. I had previously had the switch and plug out thinking maybe the plug connection or switch was booboo but the switch had continuity in the proper positions... I should have done that while it was apart.. *sigh*

lol

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
the only lightbulb that works in my interior is the right side cluster lamp :p

·
Registered
645 Posts
How about the interior light switch itself? My dome light won't turn on at all unless I press the switch and keep pushing it down. Thoughts?

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
How about the interior light switch itself? My dome light won't turn on at all unless I press the switch and keep pushing it down. Thoughts?
That's probably a bad switch, try cleaning it if you don't have a spare...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I read this and went to my local part shop... spent 50 cents on a packet of dielectric grease. Then proceed to pop the switch out and apart, and clean the contatcs in the housting (carefully) with a paper clip. I then take this 50 cent package and soak down all the metal; switch contacts, housing contacts, and plug. ALL KINDS of stuff that didn't work before magically work now!

the only lightbulb that works in my interior is the right side cluster lamp :p
Mine too, now that i have ONE dash light working after messing with this switch :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts