SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some new to me issues on my '04 9-5 wagon. Did some searching but haven't found much.. A bunch of my interior lights suddenly stopped working. Not dash lights, but dome/floor/etc. Right now, all that works when I open my doors up or try to set the ceiling switch to "on" are the two puddle lights on the driver side & the floor light on the front passenger side. The passenger puddle lights, ceiling domes, and drivers floor light are out. Doesn't seem to be a fuse issue as half of them still work. The map lights over the rear seat work when manually switched, as does the airplane vent-like map light over the drivers seat.

I can't say for sure that both of the passenger puddle lights were working before, but I think they were. This seems odd. The door switches all seem to work still. Any clue what I should look at? I can't believe that if the drivers floor light, for example, went out, the rest after in the circuit would, like a cheap set of christmas lights, right?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Start with the easiest thing, and replace the bulbs. Most of those same bulbs were burned out in my 2000 9-5. I had to replace about 20 interior bulbs in that car when I got it. Also note that there are three bulbs in the rear dome light. The ones that turn on with the switches are not the same as the one that comes on when the doors are opened.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I'll look into the bulbs themselves, but I have a hard time believing they all failed at the same time. I feel like there is probably a deeper issue

1 - 3 of 3 Posts