SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i open up my doors the door dome lights go on, but when the doors are closed i cant get any of the lights to turn on, the big switch and the little switches on the light lens itself just dont seem to work, bulbs look fine and the fuse also is fine.
What else can it be this is sooo annoying that i have to open my door to have interior lights.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
The console switch selects..

middle for the door switches
pos one for the front int. lite
pos three for the rear int. lites.
This switch is probably in the need of clean and de-Coca-Cola-ed..
Or, there could be a problem with the ICE unit....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the switch is in the middle position but like i said the 4 map lights or w\e do not work at all in the front or back so it wouldnt be a switch problem.

Checkeed all the fuses they all look good and bulbs are all fine, what else electrical could it possibly be, what should i look at or some trouble shooting steps to find out what it is??

also earthworm, what is the ICE unit and how do i get to it.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
According to Haynes, the ICE is adjacent to the fuses and relays, dash undersides.

But Haynes may be referring to RHD rather than our left side drive.
As I see it, if the switch (which is a cold switch), is either disconnected or in an inoperative condition, the lights simply will not work ..
Simplicity in automotive wiring and systems is a thing of the past..

ICE is integrated central electronics - a glorified timer - and more.

·
Registered
70 Posts
hkayssi said:
At what position did you put the interior lights switch on the console?
Not to hijack, but is this interior light switch on the console supposed to be illuminated? My window, etc. switches that reside together in the console are illuminated at night, but the interior light switch, located by itself but still on the console is not. '01 Viggen Convertible.

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
TTBOMK, this is the only non-illuminated switch.

Berge, why not pull this switch and check it out ?
And do you have the Haynes, this does help a little..??

·
Registered
70 Posts
earthworm said:
TTBOMK, this is the only non-illuminated switch.
Thanks! Kinda funny though, if you need to turn on the interior lights because you can't see - THAT is the switch you can't see in the dark.....

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea ill have to grab that haynes manuel, i just cant see it being that switch but it wouldnt hurt to take a look at, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts