SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered my 9-3 Linear in black with slate leather because I thought the parchment interior would look a bit out of place with black.

Can anyone prove me wrong??

Would love to see photos of any one's BLACK 9-3 with Parchment interior

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cojorah...yours is a beautiful car...hope i can keep mine looking like that...shame there was only one daylight interior pic.

LOVE the night-time cockpit shot!

·
Registered
808 Posts
The parchment (in my opinion) looks better on black. I like the slate seating, but I am not too crazy about the dash/door trim color.

Be forwarned though, parchment is a b--ch to keep clean.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
spielnicht said:
The parchment (in my opinion) looks better on black. I like the slate seating, but I am not too crazy about the dash/door trim color.

Be forwarned though, parchment is a b--ch to keep clean.
I also don't like the fact that the roof and pillars are parchment (when you get slate). Doesn't blend well, IMO. The parchment's a little more work to keep clean, but worth it

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I didn't know it was called slate, but i assume you mean the dark grey... that's what I have and I think it looks better, its an easier transistion from the black dash...

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If you sit in your car with a pen in your pocket, with the ballpoint hanging out of the top of your pocket, the parchment shows off the new artwork a lot better than slate probably will.

:roll: :oops:

Finally got that artwork cleaned off.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
It's gotta be parchment a interior on black exterior. It really does have an air of ambience/spaciousness on the inside with the menacing black on the outside.
So far i've had no problems keeping it clean, and thats with a 2 year old that like applying chocolate to most surfaces!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have a cosmic blue 93 which has the slate interior which looks fine - I think the slate might be easier to keep clean, but I think the parchment looks better on most color cars...especially black

·
Registered
442 Posts
Parchment definately!

I used to own a VW Jetta that was black and I had a similar Parchment interior, and I loved it. I was a great euro look. I also owned a Grand Am, which was black and I had the tan interior on that one too. Its a great look.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Both interiors are very sharp, but in their own ways. I like both but for me it comes down more to a "how hard to keep clean" decision.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Black and parchment i.m.o. are the best combination, but beware: the parchment is very easily spoilt!
If you wear wet jeans, especialy blue, your leather will turn bluish and it will never become clean again.
Also any other colored garment from which paint may dissolve in water may spoil the leather if you wear it wet in your car.
My drivers seat is proof of this and the manufacturer of the garment nor Saab feel responsible....
I have tried any possible cleaning agent without ANY succes.
Fortunately I spotted the problem pretty soon and after this NEVER wear anything wet anymore in my car and the damage is only visible in the rims of the seat.

Still: parchment looks great with black

Sucees, Tom

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have parchment in my wifes SS with steel grey exterior and slate grey in my black convertible. With the top down the darker grey interior looks great. I think it makes the black car look a bit more serious or mature. On the other hand I also like the contrasting parchment interior. It makes the SS look more sporty. I find both are about the same to keep clean if you stay on top of it. I live in Los Angeles so I do not nave to deal with alot of mud etc. As always this is all personal preference and how you want your car to feel. Either way you can't go wrong.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts