SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang I have been absent quite a bit since I have a 65' Bug I am working on with my daughter so she can start driving in a year. Now I need your help!

I have an issue. I have this noise that started a few weeks ago that is about to make me start smoking crack! It sounds like a coin rolling inside my center console. There is no change inside my console, and I have not worked on the console in a long time. I have removed the power window switch cluster and coin holder to see if I can find anything inside the console. No luck. Today I removed the shifter surround and I didn't find anything loose or rolling around.

I have also checked the plastic on both sides of the seats to see if there is anything inside of them, no luck. The sound happens when slowing down or speed up. Also when making a turn in any direction.

Help a mofo out before the pipe comes out!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
556 Posts
TA, thank you for your valuable contribution to the forum. Whatever you do don’t let this problem drive you to addiction. Suggestion: have your SO or a friend ride around with you to get a second opinion on the source of the sound. I’m guessing a nut or fastener came loose somewhere and you will eventually track it down. Let us know when you find it.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bro I have had my wife and daughter try and help out with the sound. No luck yet. I think I we all might flip out if I don't figure it out soon!!

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I have an old set of airplane headphones from back in the 80's when the sound was delivered pneumatically (air) that are really handy for searching out noises.

I just did an e-bay search and couldn't find any for sale....I have a goldmine!

Crack won't help, LSD on the other hand.....

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I just found the source of a rattle/tapping noise in my cabin. 3rd brake light panel. One screw unscrewed itself and was sitting loose in the panel. Obviously the whole panel was now loose. You can't tell because the cover is still in place. Bolted it back up, put the cover back on and no more noise!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts