SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a normal used intercooler for the 94LPT and looked into fitting it the other day....yikes :eek: I gather it's meant to go in from the bottom, but there's some amount of stuff (I doubt I saw it all either) in the way!

If anyone's fitted one I'd enjoy some inspirational tips, or if you've time, just tell me what to do as I'm rather rubbish at this sort of stuff ;oops:

cheers
Dan.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Remove the front grill first. Then the plastic covers under the front of the car, this gives access to the lower hose jubilee clips. You need to remove the radiator, drain valve on lefthand side bottom. Remove temperature swtch on radiator . Radiator and fan come out as one, you need to detatch the oil cooler from the side of the radiator if it has one fitted. Only loosen the 2 small lower bolts, remove top bolt and lift out of the way. Tie it to the waterpump as it keeps getting in the way. If the car has a/c the condensor should then be fixed to the intercooler.

Biggest problem is rusty jubilee clips!

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's not as difficult as it looks:cheesy:
You can take everything out through the top, if done right you should come out of it with a few grazed knuckles:lol: It's not as tight as it looks, you should still have 40mm+ of space infront of the turbo when it's all in.

Steve

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
when fitting an intercooler to a LPT you might have to replace the righ hand support bracket as it wont have the two holes for the rad and the i/c, when ragtopcav and i fitted one to his car we had to :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts